Thursday, February 26, 2009

Just an update!!

It has been forever since I have updated our blog!!! We have been on the run!! Last week we made a trip to Arizona to visit Les & Cindy!! Our trip was great! We stopped in Vegas the first night, and stayed at the Excaliber! The one thing I do know it that unfortunately our kids have a new education!! ~Yikes~ We walk in the lobby, and a woman is dancing on the bar, with not a lot of clothes on!! It shocked Jay and I as much as it did our kids!! We tried to walk faster, but there were a lot of people!! Needless to say, on the way home we stopped and stayed in Vegas again, but stayed at Circus Circus, it was a better environment for the kids!! ;-)

It was so great to see Les & Cindy, the kids have missed them so much over the winter, and I know they were glad to see us! We got to meet all of their friends and see what Quartzsite is really all about, now we know why they stay so busy! It was great fun!!

We are also staying busy with work, Jay is a 24 hour on call boss!! He says occasionally how much easier life would be if he was just an operator, but he does so well in what he is doing I think really he wouldn't enjoy it that much!! I have been staying busy as well, it seems like I run all the time!! With the kids, and with work. I won't complain though, I feel so lucky to be were we are, when there are so many people struggling right now!! I did however have my first dog attack!! ( I think it is a job hazard!! ) But I made it through with no bites!! ( Thanks to a client file!!)

So all in all things are really great, just busy!! Jay and I leave for Iowa next Wednesday to pick up Kaity's animals for stockshow. She is staying home, she has the all important maturation class at school! I think we all remember that! The hard thing is knowing that I have a daughter old enough to attend!! Yikes!!! Kali is coming over to stay with my kids, they are so excited!! I just hope she knows what she is getting in to!! ;-)

1 comment:

Dezaree said...

My grandpa Saxton lives in Quartzsite in the winter also. That's my mom's dad. He's from Evanston. How weird is that? When we lived in AZ, we would go and visit him all the time. It's an interesting place. When we would go out to eat with him, we'd of course, be the youngest ones there and everyone would stare at us.